My friend, Susan, sent me this email today:
Food for thought:
- Only in America…do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.
- Only in America…do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke.
- Only in America…do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.
- Only in America…do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.
- Only in America…do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.
- Only in America…do they have drive-up ATM machines with Braille lettering.
Do you ever wonder:
- Why the sun lightens our hair, but darkens our skin?
- Why women can’t put on mascara with their mouths closed?
- Why you never see the headline, “Psychic Wins Lottery”?
- Why “abbreviated” is such a long word?
- Why doctors call what they do “practice”?
- Why lemon juice is made with artificial flavor, and dishwashing liquid is made with real lemons?
- Why the man who invests all your money is called a “broker”?
- Why the time of day with the slowest traffic is called “rush hour”?
- Why there is no mouse-flavored cat food?
- Why Noah didn’t swat those two mosquitoes?
- Why they sterilize the needle for lethal injections?
- Why they don’t make the whole airplane out of the same stuff used to make those indestructible black boxes?
- Why sheep don’t shrink when it rains?
- Why they are called “apartments” when they are all stuck together?
- If con is the opposite of pro, is Congress the opposite of progress?
- If flying is so safe, why do they call the airport the “terminal”?
Made me chuckle; thanks, Sue!