Every Yuletide wish I’ll ever make for the rest of my life was granted today at 11:00 a.m. EST when FedEx delivered 30 days worth of Cinryze to my front door. The God, Goddess and All-In-One have truly blessed me and rewarded the past 12+ years of loaning my body to the scientific community for the purpose of research, development, test and evaluation of this very important contribution to the treatment of Hereditary Angio Edema.
I am so grateful to the people who helped to make this incredible dream come true:
- Dr. Boyce Hornberger, my super-hero immunologist
- Jackie Cooper, Dr. Hornberger’s super-incredible nurse
- Anthony Castaldo, the HAE Association president
- Donna Davis, the HAE Association patient coordinator
- Shawney, my Cinryze Solutions case manager
- Mary and Carol, my Theracom/CVS/Caremark case managers
- Karen and Theresa, my PSI benefit coordinators
Karen, Theresa and I are still working on whether or not I’ll qualify for PSI’s assistance and I may be liable for up to $2,600 this year and another $5,000 in January (after which my health insurance will cover 100% of ALL my medical costs for the remainder of 2009!), but all-in-all I’m very hopeful.
I guess this is proof that I haven’t been nearly as wicked as I’ve always believed!