A first grade teacher collected well-known proverbs. She gave each child the first half of the proverb and asked them to fill in the rest. Here’s what the kids came up with:
- Strike while the…bug is close.
- It’s always darkest before…daylight savings time.
- Never underestimate the power of…termites.
- You can lead a horse to water but…why?
- A miss is as good as a…Mr.
- An idle mind is…the best way to relax.
- Where there is smoke, there’s…pollution.
- A penny saved is…not much.
- Two is company, three’s…the Musketeers.
- If at first you don’t succeed…get new batteries.
- Laugh and the world laughs with you. Cry and…you have to blow your nose.